AfriComNet is partnering with a group of 10 institutions from 8 countries to develop and offer courses in strategic communication for health and development. These institutions will become Centers of Excellence in Strategic health and development communication.
Why the centers of excellence?
The centers of excellence are a network of African universities and training institutions that provide training, research, and programming in strategic communication for health and development. AfriComNet started this initiative in response to concerns about the quality and effectiveness of behaviour and social change communication programs in Africa. In future, the AfriComNet centers of excellence will establish an accreditation system to help professionalize the field of strategic communication for health and development in Africa.
To date, six courses have been developed, pretested and offered through the university network, these include;
- Applied Skills in HIV Communication and Counseling
- Research Monitoring and Evaluation of HIV and Health Communication Programs
- Community Mobilization for Health and Development
- Understanding and Using Demographic and Health Surveys
- HIV and AIDS and Strategic Communication
- HIV and AIDS Stigma and Discrimination
- Strategic Communication for Health
To read more about the course content, and the participating universities by country, please click the country name in the main menu.